There are different expressions or phrases to say goodbye. These parting phrases depend on situations and the people involved, their social status and personal relationship.
Leaving and saying goodbye
- All right, everyone, it’s time to head off.
- Anyway, guys I’m going to make a move.
- Ok, everyone, it’s time to leave you.
- See you later / tomorrow / soon.
- Talk to you later!
If you want to say goodbye in a hurry
- I’m so sorry, I’ve got to rush off / run / hurry!
- I’m afraid I’m going to have to rush off / run / hurry!
Saying goodbye politely after meeting someone
- Nice to see you.
- It’s been lovely to see you.
- It was great to see you.
- Good to see you.
- Have a lovely / nice evening.
- Have a good day.
Saying goodbye to your hosts
- Thanks very much for dinner/ lunch – it was lovely!
- Thank you very much for having me.
Other ways to say goodbye
- Take care
- Bye Bye!
- Later man / bro!
- Have a good one!
- It’s time to be going!
- So Long!
- Catch you later
- Peace! / Peace out
- I’m out!
- Smell you later
- Farewell (when you intend never to see your interlocutor again)