Fill in the correct conjunctions and linking words from the list. There may be more than one possibility !
|as well as||during||because||either ….. or|
|neither …. nor||when||although||unless|
1.__________________ Dad comes home from work he lies down on the sofa __________________ heis tired.
2.Max had a headache yesterday, __________________ he didn’t come to basketball practice.
3.This is Toby’s new mountain bike, __________________ he got from his parents. He locks it upevery evening, __________________ nobody can take it.
4.__________________ Samantha was very tired, she watched TV until well after midnight.
5.First, cut out the pictures, __________________ glue them into your album.
6.I would like to learn Japanese, __________________ , I don’t know anyone who can teach me.
7.__________________ we were driving through the countryside we saw many nice villages.
8.The Hemingways are our neighbours __________________ our friends.
9.You can have __________________ tea __________________ coffee for breakfast.
10. __________________ being a well-known politician, John Smith can also play the piano very well.
11. __________________ his injury, the boy desperately wanted to play for his team in the finals.
12. __________________ the hike up the mountains we saw a lot of deer.
13. __________________ you finish that essay you won’t get anything to eat.
14. __________________ my mother __________________ my father will be able to attend the meeting.
15.He likes all kinds of sports, __________________ skiing, hockey and volleyball.
- When / because
- which / so that
- as well as
- either / or
- Neither / nor
- such as